Sunday, October 08, 2006

Kickin' Music

One of the fun things about being on the kickball team is that one of my teammates brings a radio and everyone has their "theme" music for their at-bat, much as baseball players have music when they walk up to bat. So here's what I decided to go with for the first few games:


powered by ODEO

Yeah, another Stones/Sticky Fingers tune (yes, I like that album), but there's something about that opening riff that's really bad-ass. No matter what you're doing, the song makes you feel like you're in a Scorsese film - maybe except for "Kundun."

I've debated changing music, but the only good alternative I've thought of is "Can I Kick It?" by A Tribe Called Quest. While it works on the "kick" theme, I don't think it beats out "Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" as a kickass tune. And with "Knocking" as my "theme," I've gone 2 for 3 with a run scored. So until I slump, I guess I'll keep it the same.

No comments: