Sunday, November 12, 2006

Awful Video Alert!: The 1986 Dallas Cowboys Christmas Special

I was searching around youtube for that fantastic video of the irate Dallas Cowboys fan that spread around last week, but instead, I stumbled onto the 4-part trainwreck known as "The Dallas Cowboys Christmas '86." As a Giants fan, I hate the Cowboys, so this was a fantastic find. It might take the title of "Worst Christmas Program" away from "Star Wars Holiday Special," and that's saying a lot.

There's four parts - I was able to make it through part 1 entirely, but the other three get worse and worse - it's pure torture. Each chapter is some sort of music video, and the first two have nothing to do with Christmas.

If you watch, you'll see:
-Herschel Walker rap and turns into a cartoon superman that doesn't fly
-Air guitar and air drumming. That's right, air drumming. Lots of it.
-Roger Staubach singing
-Tom Landry rapping

I do want to warn you: these videos will make you hate Christmas as much as you hate the Cowboys.

Part 1:


Part 2:


Part 3:


Part 4:


I sent these off to deadspin.com - we'll see if they post them.

No comments: