Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day Blogging IV: The Quest For Peace

Thanksgiving is over!! All that just for one meal. Next time, we're just getting some Panda Express and serving it buffet style. So much easier.

Actually, we had a great time. Our friends Christa, Jenny, and Asa came over and we ate like kings and queens.

Here's the spread:


The ladies begin the meal:


The party:


The dessert table:


The leftovers:

The turkey was great. I enjoyed it, but was a bit worried that people weren't into it. But when Heather, who isn't much of a fan of turkey, loved it and couldn't get enough of it, and even had after everyone left and we had cleaned up. That was a sign that the turkey was a hit. The sides were seemed really good. I was a bit nervous that no one liked the food, but everyone seemed to enjoy it all.

The desserts were definitely huge - the marble cheesecake and the peanut butter eyeballs I made are favorites of Christa's, so I couldn't go wrong. Christa's apple pie, despite being a bit liquidy, was a big hit.

I have to pat us on the back for holding, what appears to be, a successful Thanksgiving meal. It was a bit of hard work, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

7 comments:

PVision said...

Nidu. Quite the spread. Now you get to eat turkey for the next 2 weeks.

Brian said...

Yeah, and I'm looking forward to it...mmmm, turkey and gravy for lunch.

DopeDaddy said...

Looked delicious. The only thing I didn't like to see was that ancient iMac in the background. :)

Auggie! said...

Peanut Butter Balls??!!!!

Do I smell a new Super Bowl Party tradition from BMac?

Bonnie George said...

Brian, I had to comment on your Thanksgiving feast.....way to go!!! I'm coming next year! I think I saw something "green" on the table. Did you eat it? Still wondering if veggies are a "no no" xoxox

Brian said...

Glad you enjoyed the Thanksgiving pix. I think you'll be happy to know that I had a good sized salad, but I stayed away from the broccoli.

Malcolm George (lee's papa) said...

B-MACK!!!!