Sunday, December 24, 2006

My Last Two Weeks: A Recap

It’s been a little while since I’ve written (besides the Guns N' Roses review), so here’s what's been going on:

-The Rodney Drive Christmas Tree shined brightly, but sadly, it dried out real fast. When we left the other day, it was really droopy and kind of sad looking. But before it got droopy and sad, here's what it looked like:
-Erin (my sister) was in town for a few days. Our first stop, naturally was In-N-Out, where she learned about the happiness known as Animal Style Fries. We did some Christmas shopping and witnessed the Griffith Park Christmas Light Extravaganza Thingy.

One of the highlights was the night Erin made dinner for us – a fabulous Chicken and pasta dish with homemade tomato sauces with pine nuts and turkey bacon. So good, and I ate the leftovers all week. Erin is welcome any time…as long as she promises to cook.

We also hit the annual “Dirty Santa” party at the Knauffs'. We had a $25 limit, so I gave “Arrested Development” season 3 and Yahtzee, Heather gave an emergency flashlight/lamp with a TV and AM/FM radio (which was what I gave her for an honorary Hanukah gift), and Erin gave the Amy Sedaris book along with a Margarita mix. Heather ended up stealing a box of cranberry lotions that smell really good. I ended up with gold: a $25 gift card to Best Buy. Second year in a row I ended up with exactly what I wanted. Not too shabby. Erin got a few martini glasses, a book of X-rated drinks, and an air freshener that says “I (heart) My Penis," which really, I hope she doesn't.

Yikes!

-Guns N’ Motherfucking Roses!! (Please see previous post)

-Work has been busier than ever. We’ve had a major (and somewhat insane) deadline to hit because we had to do a major re-tooling, and against all odds, I think we hit that deadline. It was really tough at moments, and we’re certainly “not out of the woods yet” (that’s an inside joke for those who may read this and may work with me), but we’re getting there. Now, if I can just survive the first week of January…

-Lots and lots of late night Christmas shopping. Wow, that kinda isn’t so fun. I started in early November this year, and I swore to myself: “I’m going to get this done early.” But, guess what, I didn’t. But at least I got everything done before I left town. And, to be honest, I think I did well with the gifts this year. I didn’t do a mad scramble around Best Buy and just grab DVD’s, CD’s, and other gadgets that I thought looked cool. I actually put some thought into my gifts. Well done, me.

-Heather and I exchanged our Christmas gifts, and Heather nailed it: she gave me this jacket I was looking at, as well as a guitar!!! A guitar, people!!! I’ve wanted a guitar for as long as I can remember, and now I have one, plus one guitar lesson. This is up there on the list of all-time Christmas gifts…maybe, the top of all time. Now, Patry and I are one step closer to getting our band, “Otto’s Jacket,” signed and touring.

-And the traveling began: we left the other day for NY and spent some time at Heather’s home. It was a short visit to NY for me (a day, basically), but, I got to play Nintendo Wii (I don’t want to brag, but I am very good at bowling), helped buy the Christmas tree (for a bargain price of $20) off a local farm-like place...

...went Christmas shopping, and met up with Heather and her friends for a few cocktails. It was a whirlwind tour, but a great time. As I write this, I’m at Laguardia, getting ready to fly to Charlotte for the rest of my Christmas vacation. The airports are calmer, my shopping’s done, and I’m ready to relax with a cocktail or two.

1 comment:

PVision said...

Catch the "Otto's Jacket" Summer Tour 2012!