Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Police Reunion?

So there's rumor after rumor that the Police may reunite for a tour to celebrate their 30th anniversary. That would be a shock if it really happened. Despite my dislike of most of Sting's solo material, I'd be there to see them in a heartbeat. They were the biggest band in the world when they broke up, probably the only band other than the Beatles who did that. Up until now, they've resisted the temptation to go back on the road, so if they were to do a bunch of shows, they'd be huge events. I really hope it happens. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

PVision said...

Nidu. I would love to see Roxanne live... but I wonder if he can still hit those notes.

Brian said...

Good point. It would suck if they'd have to bring in backup singers to help out.

Michael said...

I'd love to see the Police get back together. I'd probably even pay the high ticket price to see them. Sting has been holding out for so long that it would be a really cool event to be a part of.

Evil Blake said...

I saw them twice on the Synchronicity tour way back in the 80's and only paid $15 per ticket. God, I'm old.