Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Disappointment of Super Bowl Weekend

Some may think based on the title of this post that I'm disappointed that the Bears just took a lead on the first play of the year. Actually, that's not the case at all.

Every Super Sunday, I usually make my semi-famous ribs and head over to Blake Levin's for the game. It's a great party, and I always look forward to seeing everyone that goes, eating some of Blake's fantastic burgers, have a few beers, and maybe enjoying some smores after the game that we'd make at his fire pit. But this year, it was not to be.

On Friday night, I got violently ill from a salad that I had eaten earlier in the day. This is about as sick as I've ever gotten. Not only was I up all night Friday, but all plans were canceled on Saturday and, now, today. It's been absolutely miserable. I've now upgraded from plain toast to plain white rice, but it's probably not a great thing that my stomach hurts as soon as I've finished eating.

Super Bowl weekend has turned into a big time bust, but what's making it really frustrating is all of these commercials during the game for food and beer. I mean, I saw a Pizza Hut commercial just before the game, and I have to say that it wasn't until today that I've ever craved Pizza Hut. It's very hard to sit and watch this game without enjoying a delightful, frosty, alcoholic beverage.

Oh yeah, one other thing, this is my last weekend of my "temporary retirement." Yes, that's right, only two weeks in, and I've already gotten my latest gig. My only hope is that when I start tomorrow, my stomach can handle a little more than Uncle Ben's.

No comments: