Tuesday, May 15, 2007

FIRE!!!

I know, it's been a while since I've blogged - was super busy, but, I'm back.

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but last week, there was a massive brush fire in LA that burnt over 800 acres of Griffith Park. For those who don't know, I live in Los Feliz, and just a few blocks up is Griffith Park, which meant that I had front row seats to the fire.

I've seen plenty of brush fires from a distance, but seeing it so close to home was both amazing and scary. My friend Mike Gatzke was in town for a brief stay from NJ and witnessed the whole thing. It was the first time he had ever seen anything like it in person, and I think was pretty shocked by the magnitude of it.

My place was, luckily, far away enough from the fire that we weren't in danger, but it was close enough that a lot of homes nearby had been evacuated and many of the roads in the area were shut down for quite a few days as they tried to keep this fire from spreading even further.

Rumors were running rampant that our entire neighborhood was on fire, had no power, was destroyed, etc. Luckily, we weren't really affected, except for having a lot of roads closed, some ash floating around, and the smell of smoke in the air. (Thank you, specifically to Blake and Gwen for calling and offering a place to stay in case of evacuation.)

As I've told a number of people, it was scary, but I was more concerned about getting good pictures than anything else.

Hit play on the music and enjoy some pictures and videos.


powered by ODEO











The Videos:




1 comment:

Michael said...

Great pics!!!!!!