Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fun With Boggle

Last year, I was working on a show where every Friday, at lunch, we'd gather our crew play Boggle, and it would get really competitive. We had someone checking words on dictionary.com, and we'd often debate whether certain slang terms were acceptable or not (and no, Yiddish, Spanish, and French words do not count).

Before last year, I had never played Boggle, but I became an major addict and found a few websites where I can play live. I mainly play here because I can end up on the "Hall of Fame" list, which is the top scores of the moment. It changes every few minutes. Usually, I'll play as "Dwight K. Schrute" or "Miguel Cairo", mainly just for the hell of it.

But sometimes, I see names on there that piss me off, like "Creator GOD Lives." The Boggle "Hall of Fame" is not a place to spread your religious convictions. I wanted to see if I could get a reaction and make someone change their "name" just to denounce Satan. So, I figured I'd try my best to piss them off. See if you can figure out which one I am:
Yup, that's right, coming in at #3 is "Hail Satan," which probably pissed them off. But this probably made them even madder:

That's right, "Hail Satan" goes to #1 with a bullet. And over "Jesus is Lord," too. And no, I didn't sell my soul to get 51 again. I stopped messing around with the religious folks and decided to be jokey and came up with this name:
I'm #4, "Playing Pantless." Just messing around, seeing if anyone would join me in cracking jokes. And lo and behold, someone joined me...
That's right, someone in Great Britain was "Playing Legless." I don't know if they're truly legless, but I don't care. I've made an impact on the game of Boggle.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I got 7. Is that good?

Brian said...

I'm guessing you didn't make the "Hall of Fame."

PVision said...

HAIL SATAN!