Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday Silliness: Will It Blend?

Back in the 80's, David Letterman gained a lot of popularity for crushing things under steamrollers and throwing things off of buildings. Every once in a while, he'll throw some stuff off the Ed Sullivan Theater roof and it'll make a nice crash, but he doesn't do it nearly as much as he did back at NBC. Letterman's old-school ideal was: Break stuff and make it look cool.

Well, today, I stumbled onto videos on youtube that reminded me of the old-school Letterman. It's called:

And it is exactly what you'd expect. Put things into a blender and see what happens. Now, watch host Tom Dickson blend away:

iPhone:


Glow Sticks:


Golf Club:


Hockey Pucks:


Baseball:


And for first person perspective, a working video camera:


There's a bunch of these on youtube. I hope that one day, I too, can blend things and put them on youtube.

1 comment:

PVision said...

I think the glo sticks were my favorite. And nice profile pic!