Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mistaken Identity

My phone bleeped and buzzed last night around 11pm. It was a text from my sister. It read, "Stu, ya jerk!" I had no idea what it meant and assumed it was a mistake - a text she meant to send to someone else. So, I sent back a confused, "What?"

"Whatever, Stu," she replied. I was thrown for a loss.

Then, John, my brother-in-law called me. Before I even said hello, he said, "I have to apologize for the texts..." Apparently, pictures of their dog, Winston, had been posted as a "dog of the day" on luvmutt.com.

Someone, named "Stu" made this sarcastic comment:

"I hope Winston hasn't been neutered, because this page proves he's the last hope to carry on the family line."

Both Erin and John assumed it was me cracking a joke, and John retaliated by posting the following comments on my last blog post:

At 8/27/2007 11:22 PM, Anonymous said...

This blog is so lame. I sure hope whoever writes this crap doesn't quit his dayjob as an accountant or something...
(Ed. Note: John is an accountant. Insert your own joke here.)

At 8/27/2007 11:28 PM, Stu said...

hey everybody, my blog is so cool...what happens if i move? live from mount pleasant ave?
(Ed. note: Mt. Pleasant Ave. was the first street I lived on)

The only problem: I wasn't the guy who posted as "Stu." I hadn't been home all night. Apparently, John forgot he sent the link to a friend whose last name is "Stewart" and goes by "Stu." And I guess this "Stu" also cracks jokes.

John asked me to delete the comments that he wrote on this blog as a response. I did. He felt really bad. But I never promised that I wouldn't post them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is an accountant joke:
A patient was at her doctor's office after undergoing a complete physical exam. The doctor said, "I have some very grave news for you. You only have six months to live."

The patient asked, "Oh doctor, what should I do?"

The doctor replied, "Marry an accountant."

"Will that make me live longer?" asked the patient.

"No," said the doctor, "but it will SEEM longer."