Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What's This Dusty Thing In The Corner? (Updated With New Picture Goodness)

That's right, it's my blog. I totally forgot about it - it was buried under that pile of laundry in the corner.

Okay, so I've been ignoring this thing for the last month. I really don't have any good reason other than I was suffering from a severe case of "laziness."

So to get back into the blogging spirit, here's a few little things that amused me recently:
  • Heather's theater company had their Christmas party last night, and she asked me to pick up some chicken from Ralph's. I went to the counter to get some, and saw the price tag, "8 pieces for $5.99." The woman working the counter came over to help and I asked for "12 pieces of chicken." She stared at me, dumbfounded, and mumbled, "That's more than 8." I stared back at her, myself now dumbfounded as well, and noted, "Yes it is." Eventually, after we stared at each other awkwardly for a while, she got me 12 pieces of chicken. It apparently was a major challenge, but she overcame it.
  • The night got even better later on, when I walked into the theater party and saw an elderly man I totally recognized, but couldn't quite place the face with a name. I knew he was a character actor of some sort, but couldn't quite figure out what he was from. After a few moments, I realized, it's UNCLE LEO...from SEINFELD! It took a lot for me not to yell out, "UNCLE LEO!" in front of the entire party. I will forever remember this as the "Christmas of Uncle Leo." UPDATE: Here's the picture he took with Heather:
  • The rain in LA has me feeling like its a snow day. We had our fake fireplace on today, Christmas tree lit up, and I'm sitting in comfy clothes, relaxing, trying to recover from a cold. It certainly is "winter" in LA.
  • Oh yeah, and here's our Christmas set-up this year...
That's all for now. I promise to blog again sooner than another month.

3 comments:

Mather said...

Uncle Leo ... HELLLOO!

Auntie El said...

Uncle Leo is one of our favorite Seinfeld characters!!!! Was he wearing the watch he picked from the garbage? I thought you weren't blogging to honor the writers' strike. Glad to see you back.

Teresa said...

Brian, I certainly hope by feeling like a snow day in LA you simply mean a lazy day by the Christmas tree or else it's just been a long time since you've experienced a real snow day if rain in LA can feel like a snow day...Don't you remember those New Jersey snows???? In case you've forgotten a snow day is like this: just last week in NJ, 3 of us had to walk down a hill in snow & sleet; we walked together just in case one of us were to slip & fall...